We are excited to announce that the Colonial VA ASSP now has an Industrial Hygiene Subcommittee. The subcommittee is chaired by Susan Wilcox, CIH, CSP. We are hopeful that this will give the local IH’s a chance to reconnect and participate in IH related events and activities. If you are interested in receiving more info, please send your contact to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also please reach out to local IH’s that you know and solicit their involvement. We held our first official event in May – an IH Ethics course that met certification maintenance requirements. Our very own Courtney Malveaux put together a lunch and learn round table of real-world scenarios that we all deal with every day in the normal course of our jobs and it was a huge hit and we received a lot of positive feedback and had fun. We have mixer / social planned for February 2020. More to come so stay tuned! Our next event is planned for the evening of February 25, 2020 at Extra Billy’s. Our very own Mark Ames from AIHA will join us and it will give us local IH’s a chance to reconnect. So please mark your calendar and look for more info to come!
Now Accepting Candidates & Nominations for Northern Area Director for Region VI
Sep 09, 2019
The current term for the Northern Area Director comes to an end on June 30th, 2020. Region VI leadership is now accepting nominations for this very important senior leadership position.
Review the job description here.
Holding a leadership position within the American Society of Safety Professionals gives you the opportunity to influence the Society’s direction and the safety profession’s future.
Colonial Virginia Chapter 2019 Meeting & Event Dates
Aug 12, 2019
The Colonial Virginia Chapter is asking our members to invite your colleagues and professional network members to the upcoming meetings /events!
- 10/10-10/12: ASSP Leadership Conference in Chicago
- 10/15: Facebook Tour (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm) 3270 Portugee Road, Sandston, VA
- 10/24-10/25: Mission Tomorrow @ Richmond Raceway. A career showcase for >10k 8th graders!
- 11/18: ASSP Dinner Meeting (5:30 pm) @ New Market Pavilion
- 12/6: Holiday Mixer (5:00 pm) @ Extra Billy’s in Midlothian, VA
- 1/27: Joint ASSP/SFPE Fire Group Meeting @The Mekong
- 2/13-2/20: ASSP Seminarfest in Las Vegas
- 2/16: Celebrate Engineering Day @ SMV
- 2/20: RJEC Annual Dinner @ the Jefferson
- 2/25: Joint meeting with AIHA. 5:00 PM @ Extra Billy’s, Midlothian, VA
We are always looking to add additional events, meetings, ceus, pdcs, etc. to our calendar. If you have any ideas or would like to potentially aid in setting up or hosting an event, please contact an Colonial Chapter Officer! Thank you!
Chris Hinson recognized as Region VI SPY award recipient
May 02, 2019
To learn more about Chris read the attachment below.
The SPY Package can be found at https://region6.assp.org/files/. The submission deadline for the 2020 SPY Award is February 1, 2020.