$375,000 Available in ASSP Foundation Scholarships!
Oct 07, 2019
Need some financial aid to help you complete your OSH degree? The ASSP Foundation is accepting applications through Dec. 1st, 2019 (at 11:59 pm CST). More than 80 awards worth $375,000 are available to students this year!
Link through the ASSP – https://www.assp.org/students/scholarships
ASSP Foundation Link with List of Scholarships – https://foundation.assp.org/scholarships-and-grants/
Now Accepting Candidates & Nominations for Northern Area Director for Region VI
Sep 09, 2019
The current term for the Northern Area Director comes to an end on June 30th, 2020. Region VI leadership is now accepting nominations for this very important senior leadership position.
Review the job description here.
Holding a leadership position within the American Society of Safety Professionals gives you the opportunity to influence the Society’s direction and the safety profession’s future.
Colonial Virginia Chapter 2019 Meeting & Event Dates
Aug 12, 2019
The Colonial Virginia Chapter is asking our members to invite your colleagues and professional network members to the upcoming meetings /events!
- 10/10-10/12: ASSP Leadership Conference in Chicago
- 10/15: Facebook Tour (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm) 3270 Portugee Road, Sandston, VA
- 10/24-10/25: Mission Tomorrow @ Richmond Raceway. A career showcase for >10k 8th graders!
- 11/18: ASSP Dinner Meeting (5:30 pm) @ New Market Pavilion
- 12/6: Holiday Mixer (5:00 pm) @ Extra Billy’s in Midlothian, VA
- 1/27: Joint ASSP/SFPE Fire Group Meeting @The Mekong
- 2/13-2/20: ASSP Seminarfest in Las Vegas
- 2/16: Celebrate Engineering Day @ SMV
- 2/20: RJEC Annual Dinner @ the Jefferson
- 2/25: Joint meeting with AIHA. 5:00 PM @ Extra Billy’s, Midlothian, VA
We are always looking to add additional events, meetings, ceus, pdcs, etc. to our calendar. If you have any ideas or would like to potentially aid in setting up or hosting an event, please contact an Colonial Chapter Officer! Thank you!
Safety and Health Historical Society May Newsletter
May 06, 2019
Chris Hinson recognized as Region VI SPY award recipient
May 02, 2019
To learn more about Chris read the attachment below.
The SPY Package can be found at https://region6.assp.org/files/. The submission deadline for the 2020 SPY Award is February 1, 2020.