This is a supervisory role that is responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of industrial safety systems and environmental compliance. Duties include but are not limited to; coordinating all training to meet state and federal requirements maintaining all records providing safety analyses of new equipment and process changes assist in managing workers’ compensation claims track all injuries review and make recommendations for safety improvements coordinate safety and ergonomic inspections conduct new hire safety orientations support of training cell for new associates.
This position reports directly to the Director Environmental Safety and Health.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal and state regulations and company policies. Inform organization of changes and administer actions to maintain compliance.
- Manage facility air compliance program and submission of timely reporting to state agency.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis system auditing and ergonomic task analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause and execute counter measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepare the Facility Environmental and Safety Plan each year review with the local management team and direct its implementation.
- Identify and drive projects which reduce the environmental impacts of the facility’s operations. This includes projects which reduce the volume or toxicity of wastes the cost of their disposal and/or the long/short term liability associated with offsite handling of those wastes.
- Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote and drive “Zero Injury Culture” and “Zero Environmental Impacts” initiatives.
- Support the tracking reporting and interpretation of operational safety performance.
- Analyze new equipment and verify operator safety.
- Conduct safety and environmental training programs for all levels of operation.
- Provide leadership and drive plant safety committees.
- Lead operation to world class safety and environmental practices.
- Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Travel as business needs require which is expected to be minimal for the purpose of training site visits etc.
- Consistently demonstrate the 6 For Success: Be trustworthy commit to your team Listen to understand Serve your customer Prepare and plan and Deliver the result.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Software knowledge: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel Word PowerPoint Outlook) databases etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and function in a team-oriented fast-paced matrix environment.
- Strong communication skills – listening verbal written and presentation.
- Flexibility to work day or evening shifts as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence.
- Solid people skills with professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies procedures and practices desired.
- Functional and applicable knowledge of state and federal OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Certified in CPR and first aid.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelors-level degree in Occupational Health & Safety Safety Engineering or a related field or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive EHS experience preferably cabinets/woodworking industry.
- LEAN Manufacturing experience preferred.
About MasterBrand Cabinets
Imagine a short commute to a company driven by a higher purpose. Where people are as important as our products, and the quality of life fuels the quality of ideas. Our culture is built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Join our family of prominent brands across North America where we take ideas, build solutions, and fulfill dreams of a comfortable, inviting home.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MasterBrand Cabinets.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran status.
Opportunity. Purpose. Reward.
Senior Risk Management/Loss Control Consultant
Posted: Oct 31, 2019
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Management/Loss Control Consultant to join our team working remote for our Richmond, VA office.
Performs insurance loss control surveys on complex risk, to attain policy holder risk improvement through reduction of safety
hazards. Promotes markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their dedicated Partners for Success® (PFS) Agency and their clients.
- Execute consultative loss control surveys at policyholders’ premises and develop loss prevention program recommendations based on observations made during the survey.
- Collaborate with underwriters to provide loss control risk recommendations and participate with underwriting and claims
in complex risk new business acquisition and account retention.
- Conduct training sessions for the policyholder in loss prevention techniques.
- Promote markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated agency and
- Serve as a trusted advisor to assigned PFS agent(s) on loss control matters.
- Mentor and train other loss control consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety/risk management preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- 5 years of experience in safety, risk management, loss control or risk engineering
- Travel includes up to 3-4 overnights per month covering, primarily VA and the Washington, DC area.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization
and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Construction, healthcare or manufacturing expertise preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- CSP, ARM or CHSM designation preferred.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN APPLY AT WWW.AMERISURE.COM, UNDER “CAREERS”, JR-000660 OR FOLLOW THIS LINK https://osv_amerisure.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Amerisure/job/Midlothian-VA/Senior-Risk-Management-Loss-Control-Consultant_JR-000660
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners for Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.