Want to post a job or resume on the Colonial VA Chapter site? Send your information to email@example.com.
Safety Services Consultant Sr. – Sentry
Posted: Dec 14, 2018
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our National Accounts Safety Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant Senior you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms in NC, VA, WV, MD, DE coordinating Safety and Industrial Hygiene Services for our causality line of business for our National Account customers (large deductible programs with insurance premium in excess of $500,000).
- Design, develop and manage Service Plans for large, multi-location National Accounts and coordinate service activities (casualty services) with other National Account consultants/staff specialists.
- Plan and deliver Safety/Risk Management services to our National Account customers to include Safety Program Assessments/Gap Analysis, Leadership Training, Program Development, Loss Analysis & Benchmarking and assistance in Safety Culture Development.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety training programs and seminars for insured and non-insured customers to educate management and elevate their understanding and awareness of safety, OSHA, loss potential and injury reduction techniques.
- Maintain proficient knowledge in all aspects of Safety Management Practices and demonstrate technical expertise in specialty area(s) such as Ergonomics, Behavior Based Safety, Accident Investigation Principles & Root Cause Analysis, Safety Culture Development, Metric Development, OSHA Compliance, Fleet Safety, and Product Liability.
- Provide supplemental Industrial Hygiene Services to include noise and air quality surveys (i.e. welding fumes, dust, organics, oil mist, IAQ, etc.) to support our Industrial Hygiene team and provide ongoing customer support on a National Account level.
- The National Account Safety Services Consultant Sr. enhances the client’s technical knowledge and expertise through professional seminars and topic research as advances occur.
For more information
Senior EHS Engineer – Culpeper
Posted: Nov 26, 2018
We are seeking a Senior Safety, Health & Environment Engineer (emphasis on safety!) to join our facility in Culpeper, Virginia. This is a great opportunity to support SH&E tasks as they relate to the manufacture, testing, and research & development (R&D) of solid rocket propellants, rocket motors, and related products. Typical duties:
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates facilities, operating equipment, methods, practices, and procedures for compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as company Includes preparation of reports and applications for safety-related permits/licenses.
- Supports and/or leads safety compliance programs for PPE selection, hazard communication, ergonomics, indoor air quality/industrial hygiene and related monitoring, fire safety/loss prevention, and contractor safety.
- Participates in, supports and/or performs internal evaluations, inspections/audits, and surveys of processes, designs, procedures, operating equipment, and work sites to identify occupational hazards and recommend improvements/corrective actions to minimize/control the chemical, safety, and physical hazards and risk potential to employees and contractors.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Safety or a relevant science-based discipline with 5 years of directly related technical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional preferred