- February 7, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Writing an effective JHA/AHA can be challenging. In fact, over half of the JHA’s are rejected for a variety of reasons on their first submission. And in many cases, particularly on government jobs, the reviewer does not even give an indication of the deficiency in the document. YOU have to figure it out, which can be very frustrating.
This Webinar will explain how to properly compose and apply this document. It is a highly valuable tool when performing high hazard or complex tasks where the risk of failure can have severe consequences. We will explore organizing and writing a JHA/AHA and de-mystify some of the language and concepts in the traditional JHA process, namely the Risk Assessment Calculator.
Areas to be Covered
1) Use of correct technical language, safety terminology, definitions and explanatory / descriptive writing
2) Common faults – why many JHA’s are rejected on the first submission; how to avoid this failure
3) Good references and authoritative sources to substantiate your findings on an AHA/ JHA
4) Key concepts in structuring the JHA process;
5) Authority, responsibility, sign offs and approvals
6) Competent Person and Qualified Person explained; who does what
7) Safety Training for certain high risk tasks; when to call in an expert trainer
8) Organization development; employee continuing education
For more information Webinar-Data-Sheet-February-7-2019-JHA-AHA-Structure-and-Content.docx